Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Welcoming . . .

I began scrapbooking in 2005 when my first child was born premature. I was struck by an urgent need to document her life. I made a special connection with crafting once I realized that I have the ‘artist gene’ passed down by my late father who was a professional painter and artist. He always took lots of pictures of the family and created albums with detailed info on the picture backs – scrapbooking and journaling!

My crafting is truly my heart and soul displayed for all to see. It evokes emotion; sometimes laughter, other times tears. My craft style is clean and simple. I am very adept at making one-of-a-kind cards; however I scrapbook and dabble in home accents as well. One of my specialties is instant scrapbook pages to document a baby's first year. 

I love taking classes and learning new techniques on YouTube. Sharing the information I learn on my blog is key. I like to know that I have helped and/or inspired someone to get creative. My favorite techniques are stamping (physical and digital), masking, using Tim Holtz Distress Ink to create backgrounds, dry and heat embossing, coloring with Copics or Tim Holtz Distress watercolor markers, mosaic layouts, paper piecing with die cuts, using flowers, ribbon, bling or glitter to add that wow factor. In my layouts, the pictures are the star, however I love to set the scene in order for those pictures to shine. 

I became Copic certified in July 2014 to the intermediate level and attended additional workshops this September. I blog and post regularly to Twitter, Facebook (fan page and 20 craft groups), Pinterest (and sometimes Instagram) where I inspire others. In 2011, my passion turned into profit when I opened a small, home-based business, named C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC. I love to create unique crafts for clients on an appointment only basis. I do it all for the love of crafting! 

Mrs. La-Vie Borde-Perry, President
Located in Easton, PA
LAVIE_BORDEPERRY@YAHOO.COM
215-605-0173 for orders/consultation
 I love new followers! Please visit my blog to see more examples of my designs: http://www.cestla-viedesigns.blogspot.com/

 Here are several of La-Vie's Favourites




I hope you loved ready a little about La-Vie and viewing her creations.  You will be able to see La-Vie's first DT submission on April 5th ,  we hope to see you there.

7 comments:

  1. Welcome to the team, La-Vie! So glad to read more about you and am looking forward to getting to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like La Vie will be a wonderful addition to your already great team. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Denise for the opportunity and I look forward to creating with the team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the team.
    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big welcome go the team La Vie xx

    ReplyDelete